Smartphones are commonly used for business with their versatility and practicality extends from worksites to offices. In just a number of years smartphone technology has rapidly grown and evolved from simple tasks such as email and internet searching to being able to assist companies with day to day operations and complete activities that previously required a computer or pen and paper.
Pervidi’s Computerised Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) is comprehensive and easy-to-use, designed for maintaining assets and equipment, using your smartphone. Some of the benefits of using smartphones with CMMS are:
- Enable users to efficiently and effectively plan and execute tasks related to operations and assets.
- Ideal for equipment maintenance and asset management.
- Adds value to operations; increases return on investment and extends the useful life of assets and equipment.
- Assists in ensuring maximum uptime of equipment critical to the production and operation of the business.
Smartphone features for CMMS
Below are 5 smartphone features that are capable of being implemented by using Pervidi. By introducing these features into a business’s operation it is a sure way to stay competitive and ensure your businesses is implementing the most efficient work procedures and practices for its CMMS with the latest mobile technology.
- Speech Recognition – Speech recognition has dramatically improved since its introduction and now a standard feature in all new smartphones. It provides technicians a fast and effective way to record and store information and act as useful reference tool when completing maintenance activities.
- Camera and annotating – Camera technology has likewise continued to evolve with each new mobile release outperforming the last. Documentation maintenance through photograph captures the technician’s visual point of view and provides others a specific record of the asset and the findings. On screen annotation allows technicians to highlight key areas in photographs that are of interest as well as describe the event or the deficiencies.
- Reference Material – Reference material such as safety instructions, drawings, user manuals, relevant codes and standards can be stored on the smartphone and viewed in a matter of seconds, no need to carry piles of paper anymore!
- Offline Reporting – Certain sites are limited to internet/Wi-Fi and/or service data which restricts certain CMMS system which rely on constant internet connectivity. Pervidi paperless CMMS allows the user to work offline with data being uploaded subsequent.
- Automatic data/time/GPS stamp – Technicians can improve their reporting details by implementing automatic date and time stamps as well as where it was recorded.
CMMS systems are only as good as their software provider/manufacturer. Some CMMS providers such as Pervidi provide in-house data experts tailoring CMMS to the specific needs of one’s business. Pervidi provide professionally trained experts that deliver ongoing advice and recommendations on how to use mobile device CMMS most efficiently.
Pervidi enables users to optimize their smartphone for a business’s benefit by incorporating technological ability provided by smartphones. To learn more about Pervidi and how there services can improve your businesses CMMS and inspection process please call, (800) 361-8725 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.